SQL and PostgreSQL: The Complete Developer’s Guide
Become an expert with SQL and PostgreSQL! Store and fetch data, tune queries, and design efficient database structures!
Created by Stephen Grider | 22 hours on-demand video course
This is the only course online that will teach you how to design a database, store complex data, optimize your queries, everything that is needed for operating a production, scalable database!
Every app in the world, whether it is a mobile app built with Flutter, a web app constructed with React, or a plain HTML page, needs to store information in a database. Although there are many different databases you can use, PostgreSQL has been a number-one pick for decades, offering scalable performance, rock-solid uptime, and flexible design systems. This course will teach you everything you need to know about PostgreSQL to use it on your next big project!
This course is packed with practice exercises and quizzes. You’ll get immediate practice on all of the different topics and features that you learn! In addition, you’ll understand exactly where to use each of these features in real and practical projects.
Besides getting practical hands-on experience, you’ll also get a behind-the-scenes look at how PostgreSQL works internally. We’ll dive into raw data files, investigating how PostgreSQL stores information on your hard drive bit by bit. This knowledge is invaluable when it comes time to start tuning your queries for performance. By having a natural instinct of how PostgreSQL works, you can plan on being able to get every last bit of performance out of your database.
What you’ll learn
- Learn and apply multiple database design patterns
- Optimize queries for superb read and write efficiency
- Understand how PostgreSQL stores information at the hardware level
- Connect PostgreSQL to front-end apps using an API
- Build common app features, such as a ‘like’ and ‘mention’ systems
- Handle complex concurrency issues and race conditions
- Advance your database designs using schema migrations
- See how to use PostgreSQL to speed up automated tests
- Practice all of these skills using a huge number of built-in exercises
Recommended Course by Stephen Grider
React Testing Library and Jest: The Complete Guide [NEW COURSES]