React Testing Library and Jest: The Complete Guide
A complete, all-in-one guide to fully testing your React projects using React Testing Library and Jest.
Created by Stephen Grider | 7.5 hours on-demand video course
Congratulations! You’ve found the most popular, most complete, and most up-to-date resource online for learning how to test React apps with React Testing Library and Jest! Thousands of other engineers have learned how to test, and you can too. This course uses a time-tested, battle-proven method to make sure you understand exactly how testing works, and will get you a new job working as a software engineer or help you build that app you’ve always been dreaming about. The difference between this course and all the others: you will understand the design patterns used by top companies to test the largest React apps around.
This course focuses on testing components in a variety of different environments. You will begin by writing tests for a small mini-project, just to get some quick initial experience. From there, you’ll learn about React Testing Library and all of its functionality by building a series of interactive cheatsheets. You can use these cheatsheets as a future reference to easily remember the intricacies of testing. Finally, you’ll add tests to a rather large React app, complete with authentication, data fetching, and navigation.
What you’ll learn
- Everything you need to know about testing React Components using React Testing Library and Jest
- Understand how to simulate user events and data fetching in a test environment
- Verify your components the way your components work – before deploying them!
- Get practical, hands-on experience adding tests to a large React project
- Explore hidden aspects of testing that aren’t covered in any other testing course
- Save time by building your own custom Jest matchers
- Focus on learning why best practices exist – and when to break them!
Recommended Course by Stephen Grider