Mathematics for Computer Games Development using Unity
A Beginner’s Guide to Essential Mathematics, Data Structures and Algorithms used in Game Programming applied in Unity
Created by Penny de Byl | 15 hours on-demand video course
In this course you will build your own C# classes to work with the geometrical constructs of 2D and 3D space that will develop your understanding of positioning and moving game objects. In short you will build your own maths library to replicate some of Unity’s Vector2, Vector3, Matrix4x4 and some Mathf methods. Throughout, we will be using the Unity Game Engine to help emphasise the mathematics concepts.
Join Dr Penny de Byl as she introduces game development mathematics using her internationally acclaimed holistic teaching style and expertise from over 25 years of teaching, research and work in games and computer graphics. Through-out the course you will follow along with hands-on workshops designed to teach you the vital mathematical techniques used in programming computer game mechanics and visuals.
What you’ll learn
- How to use bitwise operations to optimise processing and storage in games.
- Everything there is to know about vector mathematics and how to navigate in 2D and 3D space.
- The principles and practice behind collision detection with lines, line segments and ray casting.
- The beauty of affine transformations and the fundamentals in transforming game objects.
- What a quaternion is and how it is used to rotate game objects.
- How to build a mathematics library in C# from scratch.
Udemy Coupons & Promo Codes: August 2020
*Back to School offer. Skill up Today! Udemy online courses start at $12.99.
Region: Global (Exclude: Australia, Brazil, India, Japan) ==> ACTIVATED