Mastering REST APIs with FastAPI
Build professional APIs using FastAPI, including 100% test coverage, background tasks, user authentication, and more!
Created by Jose Salvatierra | 8.5 hours on-demand video course
With FastAPI you can build complete, high-performance APIs in days, and adding new features is blazing-fast. That’s why FastAPI has become so popular in recent years. In this Mastering REST APIs with FastAPI Udemy course, I’ll show you how to go from a blank slate to a complete, finished FastAPI application.
The project We’ll build social media API with user authentication, email sending, and file upload. Users will be able to register and log in using Bearer (JWT) tokens. They will be able to create posts, leave comments, and like existing posts. We’ll use Pydantic for data validation and encode/databases as our database connectivity library.
What you’ll learn
- Gain broad experience with FastAPI
- Understand how to test FastAPI apps using Pytest with 100% test coverage
- Become a master of logging with the built-in logging module
- Add user authentication with password hashing and Bearer tokens
- Use an async SQL database and model one-to-many and many-to-many relationships
- Send user emails when they register without a performance hit using background tasks
- Handle file uploads and store them in a third-party service
- Deploy your FastAPI apps to the cloud
Recommended Course by Jose Salvatierra