The Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub
Complete Git and GitHub guide (23 HOURS) – Master all Git features: commits, branches, merging, rebasing and squashing
Created by Bogdan Stashchuk | 23 hours on-demand video course
This The Complete Git Guide: Understand and master Git and GitHub Course is the most complete practical Git and GitHub guide here on Udemy that includes tons of practical activities. Most important is that you will learn how Git works and knowing it you will be able much more easier use Git features and fix mistakes in your development workflow. You can have zero knowledge about Git and GitHub. All will be taught from scratch, from basic to advanced features. If you want to get deep knowledge of Git and GitHub this course is for you!
We will start by exploring internal structure of the Git repository. You will learn that Git has 4 types of objects: blobs, trees, commits and annotated tags. Each object has unique SHA1 hash. Also all objects are stored in the folders. Every object has just single reference to it – SHA1 hash. Files are stored in blobs. Filenames are stored in other Git objects called trees.
What you’ll learn
- Deeply understand how Git works under the hood
- Use Git not just in terminal but also in graphical user interfaces like GitHub Desktop, SourceTree, Visual Studio Code
- Learn different GIt objects – blobs, trees, commits and annotated tags
- Create local and remote Git repositories
- Perform basic and advanced Git operations
- Learn how to perform rebasing and merging of the branches
- Learn what is pull request and how to create pull request at GitHub
- Contribute to public repositories using technique of forks and pull requests from the forked repository
- Understand what is semantic versioning and how to use Git Tags in order to create software release versions
- Learn advanced Git operations – squashing, cherry-picking, amending, reverting commits.
Recommended Course by Bogdan Stashchuk
Who this course is for:
- You could be either complete beginner or experienced developer with years of usage of Git
- You may know how to USE Git but you may not know HOW Git works
- If you want to learn HOW and WHY Git and GitHub work – this course is for you!