Apache Airflow: The Hands-On Guide
Master Apache Airflow from A to Z. Hands-on videos on Airflow with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and more
Created by Marc Lamberti | 13 hours on-demand video course
Airflow is a platform created by community to programmatically author, schedule and monitor workflows. It is scalable, dynamic, extensible and modulable. Without any doubts, mastering Airflow is becoming a must-have and an attractive skill for anyone working with data.
What you will learn in the course:
- Fundamentals of Airflow are explained such as what is Airflow, how the scheduler and the web server works
- The Forex Data Pipeline project is incredible way to discover many operators in Airflow and deal with Slack, Spark, Hadoop and more
- Mastering your DAGs is a top priority and you will be able to play with timezones, unit testing your DAGs, how to structure your DAG folder and much more
- Scaling Airflow through different executors such as the Local Executor, the Celery Executor and the Kubernetes Executor will be explained in details. You will discover how to specialise your workers, how to add new workers, what happens when a node crashes.
- A Kubernetes cluster of 3 nodes will be set up with Rancher, Airflow and the Kubernetes Executor in local to run your data pipelines.
- Advanced concepts will be shown through practical examples such as templatating your DAGs, how to make your DAG dependent of another, what are Subdags and deadlocks, and more.
- You will set up a Kubernetes cluster in the cloud with AWS EKS and Rancher in order to use Airflow along with the Kubernetes Executor
- Monitoring Airflow is extremely important! That’s why you will know how to do it with Elasticsearch and Grafana.
- Security will be also addressed in order to make your Airflow instance compliant with your company. Specifying roles and permissions for your users with RBAC, Prevent from accessing the Airflow UI with authentication and password, data encryption and more.
Recommended Course by Marc Lamberti