70-461, 761: Querying Microsoft SQL Server with Transact-SQL
From Tables and SELECT queries to advanced SQL. SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2022
Created by Philip Burton | 29.5 hours on-demand video course
This course is the foundation for the Microsoft Certificate 70-461: “Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012” and 70-761 “Querying Data with Transact-SQL”. Please note – these certificates are no longer being offered by Microsoft. However, the exam requirements allow you to have a good understanding of T-SQL. Once finished, you will know what how to manipulate numbers, strings and dates, and create database and tables, create tables, insert data and create analyses, and have an appreciation of how they can all be used in T-SQL.
What you’ll learn
- create tables in a database and ALTER columns in the table.
- Know what data type to use in various situations, and use functions to manipulate date, number and string data values.
- retrieve data using SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY.
- JOIN two or more tables together, finding missing data.
- INSERT new data, UPDATE and DELETE existing data, and export data INTO a new table.
- Create constraints, views and triggers
- Use UNION, CASE, MERGE, procedures and error checking
- Apply ranking and analytic functions, grouping, geography and geometry database
- Create subqueries and CTEs, PIVOTs, UDFs, APPLYs, synonyms.
- Manipulate XMLs and JSONs.
- Learn about transactions, optimise queries and row-based v set-based operations