WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly
Build a beautiful responsive WordPress site that looks great on all devices. No experience required.
Created by Andrew Williams | 9 hours on-demand video course
This WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly course will guide you through every single step from installation to finished website. I’ll show you how you can install WordPress on your own computer for free, so you don’t have to pay for a domain name or hosting fees while you complete this course. Once you’ve got WordPress installed on your computer, you will learn how to build and run a successful, beautiful, responsive-design website you can be proud of.
After taking you through all of the main options in WordPress, explaining what each one does and how you set it up, I’ll let you watch over my shoulder as I build a WordPress website. It will be an affiliate site that I hope will make me passive income for many years to come. Go and check out the free preview tutorials in Section 13.
What you’ll learn
- Install WordPress on your PC or Mac computer, so you can learn without having to pay hosting or domain fees.
- This course will teach anyone to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress.
- Navigate around the WordPress dashboard, know what everything does and how to use it.
- Understand the main features of WordPress
- Create pages and posts, and most importantly, know the difference between the two.
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful.
- Correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly.
- Know how to configure WordPress for best results
- Understand plugins & themes and how to find/install them
- Protect their WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Create a static homepage useful for most websites, or a blog like homepage useful for bloggers.
- Create a Responsive Website that looks good on any browser