The Ultimate Unreal Engine 2D Game Development Course
Learn all you need to know about Paper 2D and PaperZD to make 2D and 2D/3D hybrid games in Unreal Engine 5!
Created by Cobra Code | 12 hours on-demand video course
Welcome to The Ultimate Unreal Engine 2D Game Development Course. This is the most comprehensive and effective course you’ll ever find about making 2D and 2D/3D hybrid games with Unreal Engine 5. Through teaching Unreal Engine on YouTube and also in person at a Japanese Game Dev for the past couple of years I’ve gained an understanding of what students are really looking for and designed this course to teach you Paper 2D and PaperZD step by step in a structured manner.
If you’re completely new to Unreal Engine you can check out the Unreal Engine 5 Crash Course which is included in one of the early chapters. We’ll start out slowly by making a one-button-minigame that teaches you about how to import sprites and use them in your scene. You’ll also learn about project settings we need to adjust and about the enhanced input action system which we’ll use throughout all of the other chapters in this course as well.
What you’ll learn
- How to make 2D Games with Unreal Engine 5
- Create 4 Awesome Games of various genres
- All about Sprites, Flipbooks, Tile Maps and Tile Sets
- How to use the free PaperZD plugin to enhance your 2D games
- Unreal Engine Blueprints, starting from the basics up to intermediate usage
- Set up animation trees and anim notifies for your 2D animations
- Create 2D enemy AI using the AI Controller and Behavior trees
- How to mix 2D Sprites with 3D backgrounds to create 2D/3D Hybrid games
- How to polish up your game using hitstop, sprite shake, coyote time and jump buffering