Unreal Engine 5 C++ The Ultimate Game Developer Course
Learn Unreal Engine 5 C++ Programming by Creating an Action-RPG Style Open World Game!
Created by Stephen Ulibarri | 52.5 hours on-demand video course
Learn Unreal Engine 5 C++ Programming by Creating an Action-RPG Style Open World Game! This course will take you from beginner to hero as we create everything in this course project from scratch. Learn Unreal Engine 5’s new features from Open World maps, Quixel Bridge megascans for ultra-realistic environments, landscape sculpting and painting, dungeons, free-roaming creatures and humanoids with various weapons, breakable objects that spawn treasure, and more!
Slay your way through your open world level, hacking and slashing creatures, breaking pots and collecting treasure and souls, and try to keep your health and stamina high! We will implement enemy behavior that can be reused for various creature types, including gruntlings, raptors, insects, and golems. Code your character to be able to pick up and equip better and better weapons as she slays stronger and stronger monsters and collects loot.
We will cover new Unreal Engine 5 features such as Motion Warping, Meta Sounds, Linked Anim Graphs, UE5’s new retargeting system with IK Rigs and IK Retargeters, Leg IK with Control Rigs, visual effect creation in Niagara, and more!
What you’ll learn
- How to code games in Unreal Engine 5
- An RPG action game with a third-person character
- Combat with swords and other melee weapons
- Creation of enemies that attack the player
- Health bars and player stats
- Unreal Engine 5’s Open World system
- Level design and creation of realistic scenes with Quixel Megascans
- Motion Warping, Unreal Engine 5’s new system for customized root motion animations
- Particle effects like blood splatter and weapon trails
- Unreal Engine 5’s new MetaSounds system and high-quality sounds in game
- Best coding practices for coding games in Unreal Engine 5
- Use of data structures and algorithms for games
- Design patterns used in Unreal Engine
- Creation of multiple types of enemies, from humanoids wielding weapons to monsters and other creatures
- Importing entire dungeon levels into our Open World map with Packed Level Instances
Recommended Course by Stephen Ulibarri