The Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp: Zero to Hero
Learn Analytics Engineering with this dbt™ course covering theory & practice through a real-world Airbnb use case.
Created by Zoltan C. Toth, Miklos (Mike) Petridisz | 6 hours on-demand video course
This is the only course you’ll need to take to get started with dbt and Analytics Engineering! 2023 Update! Greetings to the MOST COMPLETE, CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED independent dbt™ (Data Build Tool) software course in the world – as of 2023! This course is both the TOP RATED and the BESTSELLER dbt course on Udemy!
Thank you for joining us for The Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp: Zero to Hero – we are super excited to have you in the course!
The structure of the course is designed to have a top-down approach. It starts with the Analytics Engineering Theory – all you need to know is to put dbt (Data Build Tool) in context and to have an understanding of how it fits into the modern data stack. We start with the big picture; then, we go deeper and deeper. Once you learn about the pieces, we are going to shift to the technicalities – a practical section -, which will focus on putting together the dbt “puzzle”. The practical section will cover each and every single dbt feature present today through the construction of a complete, real-world project; Airbnb. This presents an opportunity for us to show you which features should be used at what stage in a given project, and you will see how dbt is used in the industry.
What you’ll learn
- Learn to use the dbt™ platform professionally through the creation of an exhaustive, real-world, hands-on dbt – Airbnb project covering both Theory and Practice
- Set up the complete development environment on Mac & Windows, Connect to Snowflake and BI, Configure dbt profile, extend the IDE with dbt tools
- Learn core dbt concepts such as Models, Materialization, Sources, Seeds, Snapshots, Packages, Hooks, Exposures, Analyses, write complex SQL queries
- Understand the dbt project structure and learn about dbt tips & tricks, advanced techniques and best practices, extend dbt with your own / third-party macros
- Implement singular and generic dbt tests, work with additional arguments and default config values, customize dbt built-in tests
- Document your models and pipeline, customize the dbt docs page, Explore and analyse dependencies between transformation steps
- Understand how dbt fits into the modern data stack, learn about the stages of the Data-Maturity Model, and well functioning Data Architectures
- Master ETL/ELT procedures, Data Transformations, Modern Data Stack, Slowly Changing
- Dimensions, Common Table Expressions and Analytics Engineering
- Understand what is a Data Warehouse, Data Lake, or Data Lakehouse and when to use which, handle Data Collection, Data Wrangling and Data Integrations
- See how advanced testing works using dbt-expectations, a Great Expectations inspired testing framework