Pixel Art Characters – 2D Character Design & Animation
Learn to create your own top-down & platformer-based character sprites for video games.
Created by GameDev.tv Team, Reece Geofroy | 4 hours on-demand video course
Want to make your games stand out? Pixel art is quick and easy, when you know how! In this course you’ll learn how to create your own unique, stylised characters in just a few hours. You’ll develop the skills to quickly make unique and professional characters, making your game stand out (ideal for game jams, portfolios and more)!
Modern graphic resolution is better than ever before, but Pixel Art games continue to be firm favourites. Learn to recreate the nostalgic feel of early computer games with pixel art! From designing characters, creating character portraits, crafting enemies & monsters, to customising and animating your sprites. This course has it all! And, the character design process can be applied to all types of 2D character design, not just Pixel Art.
Learn how to create proper silhouettes to build out sprites. Detailing, shading and highlighting your pixel art. And explore animation for video game assets. Whether you’re a beginner looking to learn pixel art from the ground up, or you’re more intermediate and want to improve your skills, this course will help you become a better pixel artist. Pixel art is cool, fun, quick and accessible. No previous experience or drawing tablet required, an interest in learning pixel art, a mouse and a keyboard is all you need.
What you’ll learn
- Understand Character Design
- Design Characters, Enemies and Monsters
- Build Top-Down & Platformer-Based Sprites for Video Games
- Customise and Animate Your Sprites
- Foundation of Techniques in Forming Objects
- Skills in Creating Character Portraits & Close-ups
- Intermediate Knowledge in Animating Characters & Monsters
- Detailing, Shading, and Highlighting Your Pixel Art
- Exploring Animation for Video Game Assets