Math for Data Science Masterclass
Learn about probability, statistics, and more using the mathematics that are foundational to the field of data science.
Created by Jose Portilla, Krista King | 16 hours of video course
Welcome to the best online course for learning about the Math behind the field of Data Science! Working together for the first time ever, Krista King and Jose Portilla have combined forces to deliver you a best in class course experience in how to use mathematics to solve real world data science problems. This course has been specifically designed to help you understand the mathematical concepts behind the field of data science, so you can have a first principles level understanding of how to use data effectively in an organization.
Often students entering the field of data science are confused on where to start to learn about the fundamental math behind the concepts. This course was specifically designed to help bridge that gap and provide students a clear, guided path through the complex and interesting world of math used in the field of data science. Designed to balance theory and application, this is the ultimate learning experience for anyone wanting to really understand data science.
What you’ll learn
- Understand core concepts about data quality and quantity
- Learn about how to measure data with statistics
- Discover how to visualize data with a variety of plot types
- Use combinatorics to calculate permutations and combinations of objects
- Understand the key ideas in using probability to solve problems
- Learn how to use data distributions with real world data
- Discover the powerful insights from the normal distribution
- Use sampling and the central limit theorem
- Understand hypothesis testing on sample groups
- Cover the basics of linear regression