Helm – The Kubernetes Package Manager hands-on course
Complete Course on Helm and Gitlab Integration for Kubernetes Deployments
Created by Ahmed Elfakharany | 4.5 hours on-demand video course
Helm is a tool used to package Kubernetes manifest files that are used to install a cloud-native application. Deployments, Services, Ingresses, ConfigMaps, etc. are all packed into a Helm chart. Using this Helm chart, you can deploy the app to a Kubernetes cluster the same way you use apt-get in Ubuntu, or brew on a macOS.
After completing this course, you will have a working knowledge of Helm. You’ll be able not only to use ready-made Helm Charts to automate day-to-day deployments, but you’ll also automate the most complex Kubernetes deployments and contribute them to the community.
I’ve designed this course to focus on the important parts of Helm. I did my best not to bother you with boring material that you’d seldom use in your day-to-day life as a Helm and Kubernetes engineer. Instead, I will give you the core stuff of the tool together with some tips and tricks that will let you code Helm charts like a pro in no time!
To get the most out of this course, I highly encourage you to open your laptop and do the labs that I explain in the class. There’s nothing better than getting your hands dirty learning a new tool or technology. That way, by the end of this course, you’ll find yourself already developing, applying, maintaining, and even sharing your very own Helm charts.
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to Helm: What is Helm, its architecture, and its benefits for Kubernetes deployment.
- Helm Installation and Configuration: How to install and configure Helm on a Kubernetes cluster, and how to set up a local development environment.
- Helm Charts: What are Helm charts, how to create and manage them, and best practices for chart development.
- Helm Commands and Templates: How to use Helm commands and templates for chart deployment, customization, and management.
- Helm Repositories: How to create and manage Helm repositories, and how to share and distribute charts.
- Gitlab CI/CD: Introduction to Gitlab CI/CD and how to set up a pipeline for building and deploying Helm charts.
- Gitlab Integration with Kubernetes: How to integrate Gitlab with Kubernetes for seamless deployment and monitoring.
- Advanced Topics: Advanced Helm features and techniques, such as Helm plugins
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting: Best practices for using Helm and Gitlab for Kubernetes deployment, and common issues and their solutions.
Udemy Promotional Code - September 2023
This will also bring up a list of coupons and promo codes that you can use to get a discount on Udemy courses
The skills for now — now on sale. Online courses from $14.99.
Promotion Dates: 09/21/2023 - 09/22/2023
Clicks to Redeem Udemy Coupon