gRPC [Golang] Master Class: Build Modern API & Microservices
Better than REST API! Build a fast scalable HTTP/2 API for a Golang micro service with gRPC, Protocol Buffers (protobuf)
Created by Clement Jean | 4 hours on-demand video course
gRPC is a new and modern framework for building scalable, modern and fast API. It is leveraged by many top tech companies such as Google, Square & Netflix and enables programmers to write micro-services in any language they want while keeping the ability to easily create communications between these services. It relies on Protocol Buffers for the transport mechanism and Service Definition language.
In this course, we are going to explore in depth, with hands-on lectures, all the aspects to get started with gRPC. This course is hands-on and you will implement two services: Greet and a Calculator Service.
gRPC Golang Master Class is the best way to get a great overview of all the possibilities offered by gRPC with your favourite language
- Learn the gRPC theory to understand how gRPC works
- Compare gRPC and REST API paradigm
- Write your gRPC service definition in .proto files
- Generate Server & Client Code in Golang using the Gradle gRPC plugin
- Implement Unary, Server Streaming, Client Streaming & Bi-Directional Streaming API
- Practice your learning with Exercises & Solutions
- Implement advanced concepts such as Error Handling, Deadlines & SSL Security
- Implement a full CRUD API on top of MongoDB
- Get pointers to expand your learning journey and get inspired by real world gRPC services