Gatling Fundamentals for Stress Testing APIs – Scala – 2022
Learn the open source Gatling tool and how to stress and load test any API
Created by James Willett | 4.5 hours of video course
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of using the Gatling stress testing tool – an extremely powerful, open-source performance testing tool in heavy demand in the software industry today. Write many Gatling scripts from scratch against a target application included with this course, all with guidance.
This course is for any Developer or Quality Engineer that wants to learn how to use Gatling for adding performance and stress tests to their test suite. No prior knowledge of performance testing or software development is required, as I will be walking you through the entire process. However, any prior knowledge or experience that you do have in these domains will be of benefit and will naturally aid your learning. If you want to add an awesome, fully open source performance testing tool that is in high demand across a wide range of software development roles to your skillset, this is the course for you.
What you’ll learn
- Installation and configuration of Gatling from scratch, with no prior knowledge required
- Using the Gatling Recorder to model the behaviour of your existing application directly into a Gatling script
- Setup your development environment for writing your own Gatling load test scripts
- Learn the layout template of a Gatling script and what to add into each section
- Explore and write core Gatling script functionality such as adding loops, refactoring code to objects, adding test data through feeders and much more
- Design load test scenarios in your Gatling script, and learn how to execute them from the command line
- Use build tools like Maven to execute Gatling scripts, and watch your performance test execution in real-time through the command line in Gatling
- Access and analyse the test reports generated by Gatling’s built in reporting tools