WordPress Full Site Editing with Gutenberg
Design your theme as well as your posts and pages using Gutenberg, Full Site Editor.
Created by Andrew Williams | 5.5 hours on-demand video course
Gutenberg was launched as an integrated part of WordPress 5.0. Gutenberg was the name given to the new block editor that replaced the Classic WYSIWYG editor that we’d been using since the early versions of WordPress. Gutenberg is the editor of choice as you create the content for your WordPress posts and pages. There’s blocks for headers, blocks for images, blocks for text. And blocks for just about anything else you’d want to add to a web page. You can build your posts and pages by dragging the blocks onto, and around, the editor. As you build the content of your web pages, your WordPress theme controls other aspects of your site, like the header and footer areas. This course is designed to get you up to speed quickly with Full Site Editing in WordPress.
What you’ll learn
- Gutenberg as a block editor for creating content on posts and page.
- An introduction to Gutenberg Full Site Editing and how that turns you into a web designer.
- How to create a simple theme (that is Full Site Editor compatible) from scratch.
- How templates are used by WordPress to control the layout of different parts of your website.
- Learn which templates controls each of the web pages on your site, and how to edit, or create templates so they look the way you want them to.
- We’ll take a close look at the Twenty Twenty Two theme as a starting point for your own site.