Understanding HTML and CSS
Deeply understand Semantic HTML, CSS, Flexbox, Grid, learn to read the specifications, and more.
Created by Anthony Alicea | 14 hours on-demand video course
In this course you’ll gain a deep understanding of HTML and CSS, as we dive into how these technologies really work. We’ll look at the problems HTML and CSS are trying to solve and how they solve them. We’ll dive into how browser rendering engines really work. We’ll gain confidence to read and understand the HTML and CSS specifications, so you can continue to teach yourself in the future and keep your skills fresh.
Along the way we’ll follow our core philosophy of “Don’t Imitate, Understand”. Simply copying others’ projects won’t help you when faced with a real-world job that doesn’t look like the projects you’ve copied. To succeed in a real world job, you need to truly understand.
This course is designed for beginners to learn from scratch, but also to break experienced developers out of bad habits.
Some things you will learn in this course are:
- Learn to author semantic HTML.
- Learn how semantic HTML improves the accessibility of your user interface.
- Learn to read and understand the HTML and CSS specifications, so you can continue to teach yourself.
- Understand how browser rendering engines work, under the hood.
- Gain a deep understanding of the browser DOM.
- Gain a proper understanding of the CSS cascade, inheritance, and specificity.
- Understand advanced CSS features such as Flexbox and Grid.