PrestoDB: The Ultimate PrestoDB Course
In this course, you’ll learn and understand PrestoDB – Distributed SQL Query Engine for Big Data.
Created by Presto Zone | 3 hours on-demand video course
Welcome to this course: PrestoDB: The Ultimate PrestoDB Course. Presto is an open-source software project to develop a database query engine using the standard Structured Query Language (SQL). It is a distributed system that runs on a cluster of machines. A full installation includes a coordinator and multiple workers. Queries are submitted from a client such as the Presto CLI to the coordinator. It can be visualized as one coordinator node working in sync with multiple worker nodes. Clients submit SQL statements that get parsed and planned following which parallel tasks are scheduled to workers. Workers jointly process rows from the data sources and produce results that are returned to the client.
What you’ll learn
- Gain an in-depth understanding of PrestoDB
- Learn and understand Presto architecture
- Learn how to install and configure Presto
- Learning Hadoop integrations
- Learn how to query data
- Understanding Presto Administration and Monitoring
- Learn and understand Presto security