Build a Backend REST API with Python & Django – Advanced
Create an advanced REST API with Python, Django REST Framework and Docker using Test Driven Development (TDD)
Created by Mark Winterbottom, Brooke Rutherford | 8 hours on-demand video course
Welcome to the advanced course on how to Build a Backend REST API using Python, Django (3.2), Django REST Framework (3.12), Docker, GitHub Actions, Postgres and Test Driven Development! Whether you’re a freelance programmer, tech entrepreneur, or just starting out building backends – this course will help lay the foundation of your knowledge base and give you the tools to advance your skills with some of the most in-demand programming languages today. APIs are the unsung heroes behind the technologies that we all love and use religiously.
One of the most critical components for any tech-based business is an API. So knowing how to create an API from start to finish is a vital skill to have as a developer. You cannot build a successful app without a backend REST API! In this course I’ll show you how to build an advanced API that handles creating and updating user profiles, changing passwords, creating objects, uploading images, filtering and searching objects, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Setting up a local development server with Docker
- Writing a Python project using Test Driven Development
- Building a REST API with advanced features such as uploading and viewing images
- Creating a backend that can be used a base for your future projects or MVP
- Hands on experience applying best practice principles such as PEP-8 and unit tests
- Configure Travis-CI to automate code checks