KiCad Like a Pro 3rd edition
A course for the world’s favorite open source printed circuit board design software.
Created by Dr. Peter Dalmaris | 23.5 hours on-demand video course
Welcome to KiCad Like a Pro, 3rd edition. This course will help you learn how to design Printed Circuit Boards using KiCad 6. KiCad is an open-source, free-to-use, and unrestricted tool for PCB design. It is the world’s most popular open-source PCB tool for electronics engineers and hobbyists alike.
KiCad is supported by a dedicated team of volunteer developers and a strong and growing community of users and contributors. To create KiCad Like a Pro 3rd edition, I have used KiCad 6. KiCad 6.0 RC1 was published in November 2021 and is the latest major iteration of KiCad. KiCad 6 is filled with new powerful features and productivity enhancements that make it as good or better than competing expensive commercial CAD applications.
This course will teach you KiCad so that you can use it in your commercial or hobby projects. It takes a practical approach to learning that combines “how-to” content with complete start-to-finish PCB projects. If you are new to PCB design, this course will help you get started from the ground level. If you are an experienced PCB designer, this course will help you transition to KiCad 6 from another tool or an earlier version of KiCad.
What you’ll learn
- Covers KiCad version 6.0.
- Printed Circuit Board design using KiCad.
- Single, double, and multi-layer board design.
- The PCB design process.
- The schematic design process.
- The layout design process.
- How to associate schematic symbols to footprints.
- How to create the layout of a PCB.
- Important PCB concepts, such as edge cuts, copper fills, mounting holes, soldermask, silkscreen, traces etc..
- A detailed knowledge of the KiCad CAD application (its apps, configuration, toolbars, menus, project files etc.).
- Project-based learning to ensure mastery of the topics taught.