Introduction to Testing in Go (Golang)
Learn how to write effective unit and integration tests in Go, for web applications and REST APIs
Created by Trevor Sawler | 12.5 hours on-demand video course
Writing unit tests and integration tests is one of the most-neglected aspects of software development. All too often, a developer will find him or herself say “but it works on my computer!” when a project is presumed finished, only to discover that once taken out of the development environment, things don’t work as expected.
Well written unit tests and integration tests help to solve this problem, and in fact almost without exception will reduce overall development time, rather than adding to it. In addition, well-tested code almost always requires less maintenance, and the end product will have less down time.
This Introduction to Testing in Go (Golang) course is focused on writing unit and integration tests in Go, a modern, type safe, compiled, and extremely fast programming language. It it is ideally suited for building safe, scalable, incredibly fast web applications, and it has powerful testing tools built right in.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to write unit tests in Go
- Learn how to write integration tests in Go, and simplify them using Docker
- Learn how to create test suites in Go
- Learn how to create a simple web application and test handlers, middleware, database, and more
- Learn how to create a simple REST API in Go and test its endpoints
- Learn to to authenticate using JWT Tokens (and refresh tokens) and completely test all functionality
- Learn how to write tests that cover multiple scenarios with table tests