Git & GitHub – The Practical Guide
Learn Git & GitHub and master working with commits, branches, the stash, cherry picking, rebasing, pull requests & more!
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Manuel Lorenz | 10.5 hours on-demand video course
No matter if you’re just getting started with (web) development, if you’re applying for a developer job or if you just need to refresh your knowledge – version control is a core skill you need to succeed as a developer! Git (a version control system) and Github (a cloud provider for Git managed projects) form an outstanding combination to provide the best possible experience to create and maintain a clearly structured project history! This course will guide everyone (no prior knowledge is required!) through the core steps to use these tools in your daily projects with ease.
What you’ll learn
- Learn all you need to work with Git, including all about repositories, commits, branches & more
- Understand how Git works behind the scenes and understand local & remote as well as local-tracking & remote-tracking branches
- Dive into advanced Git features like merging, rebasing, the stash and learn how to manage merge conflicts
- Bring Git’s power to the cloud with GitHub
- Learn how to collaborate in projects via Git & GitHub in teams & organizations
- Learn how to contribute to open-source projects via forks & pull requests
- Efficiently manage projects with Git & GitHub