Data Engineering Essentials using SQL, Python, and PySpark
Learn key Data Engineering Skills such as SQL, Python, Apache Spark (Spark SQL and Pyspark) with Exercises and Projects
Created by Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju | 56 hours on-demand video course
Learn the fundamentals of data engineering with SQL, Python, and PySpark in this comprehensive Udemy course. You’ll learn how to build and manage data pipelines, perform data cleaning and transformation, and build and deploy data-driven applications. This course is designed for beginners, but it also covers advanced topics such as distributed computing and machine learning.
Data engineering is the process of building and managing data pipelines that collect, process, and store data. Data engineers are responsible for developing and deploying the systems that make it possible for businesses to analyze their data and make informed decisions.
In this Data Engineering Essentials Udemy course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of data engineering with SQL, Python, and PySpark. You’ll learn how to:
- Build and manage data pipelines
- Perform data cleaning and transformation
- Build and deploy data-driven applications
This Data Engineering Essentials course is designed for beginners, but it also covers advanced topics such as distributed computing and machine learning. By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills you need to start a career in data engineering.
Why Take This Course?
There are many reasons to take this course, including:
- It’s comprehensive and covers all the essential topics in data engineering.
- It’s hands-on and includes real-world projects.
- It’s taught by experienced instructors who are passionate about data engineering.
- It’s affordable and accessible to students from all over the world.
- If you’re interested in a career in data engineering, then this course is a great place to start. Sign up today and learn the skills you need to succeed!
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is ideal for:
- Beginners who want to learn the fundamentals of data engineering
- Experienced professionals who want to learn new skills or brush up on their existing skills
- Anyone who is interested in a career in data engineering
What Will You Learn?
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Setup Environment to learn SQL and Python essentials for Data Engineering
- Database Essentials for Data Engineering using Postgres such as creating tables, indexes, running SQL Queries, using important pre-defined functions, etc.
- Data Engineering Programming Essentials using Python such as basic programming constructs, collections, Pandas, Database Programming, etc.
- Data Engineering using Spark Dataframe APIs (PySpark) using Databricks. Learn all important Spark Data Frame APIs such as select, filter, groupBy, orderBy, etc.
- Data Engineering using Spark SQL (PySpark and Spark SQL). Learn how to write high quality Spark SQL queries using SELECT, WHERE, GROUP BY, ORDER BY, ETC.
- Relevance of Spark Metastore and integration of Dataframes and Spark SQL
- Ability to build Data Engineering Pipelines using Spark leveraging Python as Programming Language
- Use of different file formats such as Parquet, JSON, CSV etc in building Data Engineering Pipelines
Setup Hadoop and Spark Cluster on GCP using Dataproc
- Understanding Complete Spark Application Development Life Cycle to build Spark Applications using Pyspark. Review the applications using Spark UI.
How Will You Learn?
This course is a hands-on course that includes real-world projects. You’ll learn by doing, and you’ll be able to apply what you learn to your own projects.
What Are the Requirements?
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it’s helpful to have some basic knowledge of computers and programming.
If you’re interested in a career in data engineering, then this course is a great place to start. Sign up today and learn the skills you need to succeed!