C# Intermediate Programming : The First Steps
A Great Way To Extend Your C# Beginner Skills By Solving More Advanced Real World Problems Using Windows Form Apps
Created by Charlie Chiarelli | 30.5 hours on-demand video course
Students will learn to create their own computer programs using the C# programming language. This programming course is meant for ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO CODE. Of course we cover C# syntax but more importantly we introduce the PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS necessary to convert practical problems to solutions in code… You get paid for solving problems everything else is just a technicality.
Our focus will be working with Visual Studio on WINDOWS machines . All coding examples are fully compatible with the LATEST Visual Studio Edition (As of 2023 Visual Studio Community 2022) for WINDOWS … Unfortunately they are not MAC compatible.
A language like C# is typically learned “in a vacuum,” and stripped of potentially distracting visual elements or front-end graphical interfaces. This type of learning process – which is considered the standard approach – is great for communicating the fundamentals. It allows you to focus on the most important and basic programming concepts you will need to understand, and is often presented through the output of a static, text-based console window. However, learning a language in this console vacuum can also be bland and boring, and can often lead to students becoming disengaged entirely.
This course has more hours of video instruction (30 + hours) , lectures (146+) and exercises and supplemental resources (326+) than virtually any other Introductory C# course offered on Udemy. All for one low price.
What you’ll learn
- Program fluently in C# using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for Windows Machines
- Understand how to create a basic Windows Form Application … No Console Apps
- Understand the basic concepts of Selection, Repetition, Methods and Exception Handling
- Understand the concepts of Arrays (one,two,three dimensional), Random numbers,Object Oriented Programming, String handling
- Understand the advanced concepts of Recursion, Sorting and Searching Techniques, Database
- Programming using SQL, Graphics and Animation Techniques
- Apply the programming skills learned to create meaningful computer applications from the world of Business, Science, Math, Cryptography, Graphics and Gaming
- Create Business applications which incorporate sorting, searching, data analysis and connecting to a database
- Create Science applications which incorporate probabilistic and deterministic simulations
- Create a Geography app which incorporate table lookups (searching) to determine the distance between two cities or the telephone code for a country
- Create Math app that illustrate the hidden pitfalls of computer arithmetic in the real world, and applications that solve mazes and puzzles using recursion
- Create Apps from the world of Cryptography which validate Social Insurance #’s, VIN, ISBN numbers and also create applications which code and decode messages.
- Create Graphics applications which incorporate drag and drop events
- Create 2d Game Applications which incorporate flicker free animation and allow the user to use the keyboard and mouse to control movement.
- Fully appreciate the wide range of applications that the study of Computer Science provides.
- * NEW * Create simple applications using the UI Paradigm Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- * NEW * Extend the idea of coding and computational thinking by solving a series of advanced problems (CHALLENGES) from a wide variety of disciplines.