Unreal Engine 5 C++ Multiplayer: Make An Online Co-op Game
Learn intermediate C++ and the latest UE5 tech to make your own online multiplayer adventure games.
Created by GameDev.tv Team, Kaan Alpar | 11.5 hours on-demand video course
Want to learn how to make your own online multiplayer adventure games?In this course you’ll use the latest Unreal Engine 5 features and C++ to do just that! The main game in this course is a two player co-op action adventure game, but you can apply the code and principles to whatever type of online multiplayer game you want to make. Along with learning all about level design, you’ll also create different gameplay features like pressure plates, movable platforms and doors, and collectible keys. By the end of the course you’ll have a fun co-op adventure game you can play with your friend online. Plus the tools to continue to work on it and really make it your own!
Understanding online multiplayer is difficult, this course makes it simple by giving you easy to understand explanations and step by step examples. Even if you understand the basics of multiplayer, it’s still difficult to make a multiplayer game. This course will teach you how to put your knowledge to practical use, showing you how to make a full game. This is an intermediate course, so if you already know a bit of Unreal and have an understanding of basic coding concepts this is the course for you!
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way. You’ll also gain access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
So enrol today and create your own multiplayer game!
What you’ll learn
- Learn intermediate C++ and the latest UE5 tech to make your own online multiplayer adventure games.
- Fundamentals of making online multiplayer games in Unreal.
- Create online gameplay sessions.
- Program online multiplayer gameplay.
- Master the replication system (the part of Unreal used to make multiplayer games).
- Use the Online Subsystem (which Unreal uses to create online gameplay sessions).
- Use Steam’s online services to connect across the internet.
- Design and program a 2 player co-op adventure game that you can play with your friend over the internet.
- We’ll also teach you about level design.