Make Online Games Using Unity’s NEW Multiplayer Framework
A comprehensive course on Unity’s Netcode For GameObjects (NGO). Intermediate C#. Networking. Gameplay & more.
Created by GameDev.tv Team, Nathan Farrer (aka Dapper Dino) | 13 hours on-demand video course
Ever wanted to make your very own multiplayer games? The free Unity Game Engine is making the process easier than it has been with its new Netcode For GameObjects (NGO) framework. In this course we’ll create a multiplayer top-down shooter that you can modify and turn into your own fun creation and play against 20 or more people simultaneously online. In the process you’ll learn how to create and deploy a dedicated server with matchmaking.
We’ll be making a .io style game (like slither .io and agar .io), that can accommodate dozens of players. Through that process you’ll build the skills to make your own competitive or cooperative multiplayer game in any genre that interests you.
You’ll learn about networking and how to make the game a multiplayer. You’ll start building the core gameplay, making your tanks move, shoot, collect coins etc. Later you’ll add polish and more advanced features like leaderboards, mini maps and bounties.
You’ll take your game online using UGS (Unity Gaming Services) so players can connect over the internet without the need to port forward.
Finally you’ll learn how to make your game deployable as a dedicated server, so none of the players have to host the game. And you’ll learn to integrate matchmaking, so players can queue up, be matched together and a server spun up for them to play on.
What you’ll learn
- Create an online multiplayer game using Unity’s NEW Netcode for GameObjects (NGO) framework
- Use Unity Gaming Services (UGS) Relay & Lobby to be able to self host without the need for port forwarding and sharing IP’s
- Create a multiplayer top-down shooter that you can modify and turn into your own fun creation
- Build the skills to make your own competitive or cooperative multiplayer game in any genre
- Add core gameplay (making your tanks move, shoot, collect coins etc) as well as more advanced features like leaderboards, mini maps and and bounties
- Deploy to UGS to allow for dedicated Game Server Hosting
- Implement UGS Matchmaker so players can queue up and be automatically connected to a dedicated server
- Play with 20 or more people online simultaneously
Udemy Promotional Code - September 2023
This will also bring up a list of coupons and promo codes that you can use to get a discount on Udemy courses
The skills for now — now on sale. Online courses from $14.99.
Promotion Dates: 09/21/2023 - 09/22/2023
Clicks to Redeem Udemy Coupon