Secrets to Effortless Code Editing in Android Studio
Focus on the algorithm, not the editing. Get things done quickly. Learn to edit Android / Flutter code like a pro.
Created by Filip Hracek | 1.5 hours on-demand video course
In just 2-3 hours of lectures and exercises, this course takes your Android Studio skills to new heights. Instead of trying to jam the hundreds of shortcuts that Android Studio provides into your brain, it focuses on skills that really matter. It’s not about how many shortcuts you know. It’s about how fluently and effortlessly you can edit your code. It doesn’t matter if you use Android Studio to develop in Java, Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Flutter, pure Dart, or — I don’t know — Haskell. All the shortcuts covered are usable in all languages supported by Android Studio. In fact, they also work in other IntelliJ IDEs, such as IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, WebStorm, PhpStorm, Rider, CLion, RubyMine, AppCode, or GoLand.
What you’ll learn
- Select anything you want with a few keystrokes
- Let Android Studio finish boilerplate for you
- Move cursor efficiently within a file (navigate to fields, to matching brackets, to bookmarks, or problems)
- Work efficiently with lines without losing caret position
- Switch effectively between two or more files
- Find anything in your codebase using the Search Anywhere feature
- Use Android Studio’s powerful refactoring tools without touching the mouse
- Define your own Live Templates, including the very useful Surround With templates
- Do all this fluently, without having to stop to think