Microsoft 365 Cloud Security Administration – Hands On
Learn by installing and creating your own Windows 365 Cloud-based Subscription
Created by Robert Hill, Paul Hill | 6 hours on-demand video course
This course is designed to provide you with a solid foundation for Windows 365 Cloud Security Administration. We call it “Hands-On” because you will learn by completing the following tasks. Here is a description of each section in the course.
- Section 1 – The Introduction – Describes the Microsoft 365 Plans that are available, as well as basic cloud terminology.
- Section 2 – Microsoft Defender Services Overview – Describes how your Microsoft 365 E5 subscription protects your Applications, Endpoints, Identity and Data. Describes the differences between On-Premises, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS infrastructure models. Describes the differences between the Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud solutions.
- Section 3 – Lab creation – Describes the set up and configuration of your free trial Office 365 E5 subscription, then adding a Microsoft 365 E5 license to that subscription. Setup MFA on your phone, setup your virtual machines, install Windows on your VM’s
- Section 4 – Describes user and group management, user templates, creating multiple users using a CSV file. Using PowerShell to limit group creation. When, where and how to use groups. Defining Roles
- Section 5 – Device Onboarding – Describes onboarding by connecting your devices between Intune and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and creating a Detect and respond policy that automates this process. Creating a Next Generation Antivirus, Attack Surface Reduction Policy. Demonstrates the results from the client VM.
- Section 6 – App Management – Demonstrates how to create applications like the Company portal app, 7-zip.msi, TeamViewer.exe, Notepad ++.exe.
How to add Microsoft 365 Apps automatically and manually to your installation. How to deploy these apps based upon the rules that you setup for your users and devices.
- Section 7 – Tenant Defense – Describes how to use Secure Score to easily increase the security score of your organization. Demonstrates how to Block Legacy Apps. Setup MFA for admins and users, Conditional Access, setup User-risk and sign-in policies. How to use logs.
- Setup Safe Links, Safe Attachments, Antimalware and Sensitivity Labels. Configure Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. Demonstrate blocking unauthorized applications.
- Section 8 – AutoPilot – Describes the required licenses, configuring the Enrollment status page, Company branding, Deployment profile, device registration and demonstrating a Windows 10 reset. The results, from the VM are joining the VM to Intune and Azure AD, applying MFA, eleven apps installed, four policies and 2 profiles all deployed.