Mastering data visualization in D3.js
Design and build beautiful data visualizations with d3.js. An intensive introduction to the D3 library (V6).
Created by Adam Janes | 6.5 hours on-demand video course
Welcome to Mastering data visualization in D3.js! This course will take you from a beginner level in D3 to the point where you can build virtually any visualization that you can imagine. The course will teach you to program in the latest version of D3 – version 6.x. The course will also focus on data visualization design, helping you to make better decisions about how to structure your code, and teaching you to justify the decisions that you make to others. You will learn how to select the right visual channels for the data that you’re working with to create completely unique visualizations.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the fundamental building blocks of D3
- Gain a wide breadth of knowledge, learning how to create 14 different visualizations
- Critique existing visualizations and invent better designs for displaying data
- Interpret open source code from the D3 community for use in your own projects
- Master advanced tools in D3, building choropleth maps, brushes, tooltips, and layouts
- Develop substantial web apps, with multiple visualizations on the page at once
- Articulate original abstract ideas with compelling sketches