Make Games In Scratch: Programming For Absolute Beginners
Learn the fundamental building blocks of programming and game development by making fun video games
Created by Rick Davidson, GameDev.tv Team | 5 hours on-demand video course
In this course you’ll create fun, playable games while learning real programming skills through visual scripting in Scratch, a free online game engine. Its beginner-friendly drag-and-drop code blocks system allows you to easily learn the principles and rules of programming, which you can go and build upon in other programming languages or game engines.
You’ll learn the fundamental building blocks of programming and game development. Learning how to use variables, understanding if statements, forever loops, collision, broadcasting messages, clones and many more key programming concepts.
You’ll also learn how to modify your games, to really make them your own. You’ll use the drawing tools in Scratch to make your own art assets, and add interesting sound effects to your game from Scratch’s free sound library. With this course, you’ll have all of the information for starting your game development learning in one place with clear explanations, diagrams, examples and fun challenges.
What you’ll learn
- Create fun, playable games and learn how to modify them to make them your own creations
- Learn fundamental building blocks of programming and game development
- Learn real programming through visual scripting – Scratch’s beginner-friendly drag-and-drop code blocks system
- Use variables, if statements, loops, messages, clones and other key programming concepts
- Make fun games that you and your friends can play
- Use the drawing tools in Scratch to making your own art assets
- Add interesting sound effects to your game from Scratch’s free sound library
- Make real, fun video games in a short amount of time