Machine Learning for BI, PART 1: Data Profiling
Demystify the world of machine learning & build foundational data science skills, without writing a line of code
Created by Maven Analytics, Joshua MacCarty | 2 hours on-demand video course
If you’re excited to explore data science & machine learning but anxious about learning complex programming languages or intimidated by terms like “naive bayes”, “logistic regression”, “KNN” and “decision trees”, you’re in the right place. This course is PART 1 of a 4-PART SERIES designed to help you build a strong, foundational understanding of machine learning. This course makes data science approachable to everyday people, and is designed to demystify powerful machine learning tools & techniques without trying to teach you a coding language at the same time.
Instead, we’ll use familiar, user-friendly tools like Microsoft Excel to break down complex topics and help you understand exactly HOW and WHY machine learning works before you dive into programming languages like Python or R. Unlike most data science and machine learning courses, you won’t write a SINGLE LINE of code.
What you’ll learn
- Build foundational machine learning & data science skills, without writing complex code
- Use intuitive, user-friendly tools like Microsoft Excel to introduce & demystify machine learning tools & techniques
- Prepare raw data for analysis using QA tools like variable types, range calculations & table structures
- Analyze datasets using common univariate & multivariate profiling metrics
- Describe & visualize distributions with histograms, kernel densities, heat maps and violin plots
- Explore multivariate relationships with scatterplots and correlation
Machine Learning for BI, PART 4: Unsupervised Learning [NEW COURSES]