Essential Statistics for Data Analysis
Learn statistics with fun, real-world projects; probability distributions, hypothesis tests, regression analysis & more!
Created by Maven Analytics, Enrique Ruiz | 8 hours on-demand video course
This is a hands-on, project-based course designed to help you learn and apply essential statistics concepts for data analysis & business intelligence. Our goal is to simplify and demystify the world of statistics using familiar tools like Microsoft Excel, and empower everyday people to understand and apply these tools and techniques – even if you have absolutely no background in math or stats!
We’ll start by discussing the role of statistics in business intelligence, the difference between sample and population data, and the importance of using statistical techniques to make smart predictions and data-driven decisions. Next we’ll explore our data using descriptive statistics and probability distributions, introduce the normal distribution and empirical rule, and learn how to apply the central limit theorem to make inferences about populations of any type.
What you’ll learn
- Learn powerful statistics tools and techniques for data analysis & business intelligence
- Understand how to apply foundational statistics concepts like the central limit theorem and empirical rule
- Explore data with descriptive statistics, including probability distributions and measures of variability & central tendency
- Model data and make estimates using probability distributions and confidence intervals
- Make data-driven decisions and draw conclusions with hypothesis testing
- Use linear regression models to explore variable relationships and make predictions