Cucumber BDD with Python Behave and Selenium WebDriver 2023
Build Automation Framework with Cucumber BDD using Python and Behave for Selenium WebDriver and API Testing and SQL
Created by Admas Kinfu | 19 hours on-demand video course
Learn how Cucumber BDD (Behavioral Driven Development/Test Driven Development) testing frameworks work. Learn how the pieces of Cucumber fall together and how frameworks are put together, as well as best practices of BDD. We will use the most popular and actively maintained Cucumber framework for Python BDD called ‘Behave’. We will use PowerPoint presentation to convey the concepts on each topic and then write example code testing real scenarios with Selenium WebDriver as well as API testing.
We will build an E-commerce site on our local machine and practice writing real test cases both for front end with Selenium WebDriver and for the backend with Python, with full access to MySQL database of our site.
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to create Cucumber BDD testing framework using Python, Behave, Selenium WebDriver
- You will be able to read and write Cucumber BDD style tests in Python
- You will be able to work on Cucumber BDD Framework supporting both Frontend with BDD
- Selenium and Backend with pure BDD Python
- You will create full E-Commerce site on your computer and practice test automation
- BONUS: SQL Crash Course (MySQL). You will learn how to work with MySQL database
- You will learn tips and tricks of finding elements, debugging issues, shortcuts with IDE, test methodologies, setup py file
- You will be able to use virtual environment and try different versions of Python libraries