Creating Next-Gen Environments in UE5
Make beautiful looking environment for games in Unreal Engine 5.
Created by Nexttut Education Pvt.Ltd | 38 hours on-demand video course
We start by planning the environment; we use references to make informed decisions that will make the environment as realistic as possible, technically and aesthetically. Then We generate a Basic Landscape in Gaea and import in Ue5 and start Blocking out the environments using simples shapes. The Landscape itself is going to be deleted later on and replaced with high quality Nanite meshes to ensure the best quality. Then we will start to iterate, reiterate, and iterate more. We start by simple shapes and gradually make them better, this way we know where to save time and stop adding details and where put the most focus and detail and time. We always start with Big Shapes; and it doesn’t’ matter if it is a mesh, texture or a landscape. We always start from big shapes and then start adding medium and small details in the way we learn how to use Zbrush, Blender and Substance 3d Painter and Substance 3d Designer to produce high quality content. Then use UE5 as the renderer to make a Realtime 3d Environment for Games.
What you’ll learn
- How to plan and execute a full environment; methods that will guarantee the chance of finishing an environment
- Creating high quality Foliage, vegetation and tree
- Master Material Creation for games
- Sculpting natural elements like: Rock, stone, in Zbrush
- Creating high quality textures in Substance 3d Painter and Substance 3d Designer