Django 4.x ORM Mastery
Learn how to master building and interacting with databases within a Django project
Created by Alexander Stacey | 18 hours on-demand video course
One of the most powerful features of Django is its Object-Relational Mapper (ORM). In a Django project, the Django ORM provides the tools to rapidly build database interactions without needing to learn Structured Query Language (SQL). This course teaches you how to master database interactions using the Django ORM to build scalable and performant Django applications.
This course is currently in its first iteration and presents 1 of 3 planned levels. At level 1, you will learn how to build, administrate tables and perform common Create, Return, Update and Delete (CRUD) operations through the Django ORM. The courseware at level 1 scaffolds the learning, building towards a final case study where we first design and subsequently develop and query the database. Learners may track their knowledge through optional section assessments leading towards a final level assessment (section and level assessments are a feature coming very soon).
We believe that to master Django database interactions and performance, it can be beneficial to underpin knowledge, learning to interact with a database from a Django project through raw SQL queries. Subsequently, learners may follow optional tutorials learning the underlying SQL used to interact with a database and perform operations.
What you’ll learn
- Setup and prepare an environment ready to develop Python Django applications
- @ Level 1 – Connect Django applications to multiple database technologies and perform a variety of queries to create return update and delete data
- @ Level 1 – Connect a Django application to multiple database technologies utilising Docker container technologies
- @ Level 1 – Propagate changes to database tables structures
- @ Level 1 – Build raw SQL queries to interact with database from within a Django project
- @ Level 1 – Implement a variety of QuerySet API methods to limit, order and optimise performance
- @ Level 1 – Implement a design methodology design and subsequently build and query a database